Friday, February 12, 2010

Still Fruity......

Keeping with the fruit theme at the moment. This is 8x10, acrylic on canvas board. Only difficulties encountered with painting this banana was my prop kept changing every time I returned to work on it! ;) What do you think I am working on now to pair with this? Tick, tock, tick, tock, tick, tock - yes! Bonus points for you! Strawberry. Hmmmm, thinking perhaps a heart shaped strawberry cake for VolleyGirl and Mr. Unplugged for the V'Day weekend....but then I would devour over the limit, contributing to my thin challenged, soul receptacle, which only hinders my sorry, broken down knee. Today, a cocktail of WD40 and pain meds would not begin to touch the worn out hinge.

7 comments:

  1. Haha. I hear you on the worn out hinges. lol LOVE LOVE LOVE the Banana. You do these so well. Anything you do would be great. I think you do have a challange tho.. you need to work fast before they either Rot, or get eaten. :))

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis makes me hungry. I know all about those rusty hinges too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant banana...sad knee!!
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  4. Whoa!!! You're doing such a great job on this series!

    I bought some organic bananas the other day and they're still green and hard! I always buy green bananas because I don't like them too ripe, but these are seeming fake to me. I mean, what's up with them staying green for a week?
    If they stay that way I'm mailing them to you for props ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. hinges, bananas, i feel all at sea....but the art is fab.

    ReplyDelete
  6. hello....

    from one artist to another, I love your bananas...I find I draw them a lot! I don't know why!!!?

    I'll follow you just after I post this comment....and I also invite you to come and visit my 'creative' living....artful blog! If you like what I do, you can follow me too...

    nice to meet you..
    ciao for now

    ReplyDelete