Monday, February 1, 2010

Homecoming Dance

VolleyGirl finally went to her school's Homecoming Dance this past Saturday night after it being rescheduled for the third time! Icy weather canceled the original date, then there were problems with the next two dates....Saturday was in jeopardy once again due to the possible winter conditions and was not given the go ahead until 11:00 a.m. that morning.
This was the first time she had ever had a boy come by the house to pick her up and go out to dinner then the dance. When he asked, fairly last minute to the original date, let me say that BigBoy and Mr. Unplugged had a lot to say about it. I believe the quote from BB was, "this is the day I have been dreading for a long time, my stomach is so upset..." He was planning on being home this weekend for the event but the threat of wintry weather kept him away. We all survived though it felt so weird. That boy was soooooo nervous! Mr. U reminded him that he expected him to treat her like a lady and let him see Apollo right before they left......ah, those daddys. I know, old fashioned you may say, frankly, good sense rules never changed, just our crazy society. Yes, we did watch out the window to see if he opened the door for her when they went to the car....he did. She is pictured with her best friend, they wanted us moms to go get a photo of them together before they ate. Then Sunday was busy finishing up her science project due....yes, I always do the title for her, covering it in something colorful and using the sticky letters. Obviously, I am fairly happy the weekend has past now!

8 comments:

  1. Oh this brings a smile to my face:):) so funny that some things never change. They look so sweet and happy and young!
    Have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your little princess has grown up. She looks beautiful. It is sweet that her big brother is all protective of her. She will be ok.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What fun and how pretty she looked.
    I bet you ARE glad it is over.. LOl The first of many. :O

    ReplyDelete
  4. The girls look dazzling, and I love how BB is protective of her too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have a beautiful daughter!

    RE:

    "I know, old fashioned you may say, frankly, good sense rules never changed, just our crazy society"

    ..... amen to that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so dreading the day this happens.

    With my daughter, I'm sticking to my "no dating until you're married" routine until she's at least 21.

    ReplyDelete
  7. As beautiful as her lovely mom - She has your brightness and radiance, AU! Hope she had a wonderful time... xxooxx

    ReplyDelete