Friday, February 12, 2010

Tragedy, again......only worse

Update: One of the wounded is a parent of a student at VolleyGirl's school and a parishoner of the church nearby my house where our kids went to elementary/middle school. He and his wife are very dear friends of my best friend and her husband. He made it through surgery, just woke up and recognized his wife. He is still in ICU.

That is my town on the national news again. My actual town is a bedroom community of this town, but next to one and the same. The prestigious university of our city has had a shooting this afternoon. A female, Harvard educated, biology professor, apparently renowned, was denied tenure this morning so it appears she shot 6 at the biology faculty meeting around 4 p.m. Three were killed, two are critical and one stable, all professors except for one staff member. One week ago today we had the middle school shooting and the funeral was just today. Unbelievable this time for some reason. Anger, that's what I feel

13 comments:

  1. I just went to look up the story on MSN. Un-freaking-believable!

    Her ego was so involved. Why else would you take someone's life if you felt your world was falling apart because you didn't get the status you felt you deserved?
    Pah-leeeeze!!!

    I feel so bad for all of the familes, hers included.

    Stay safe.
    XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just saw that on my AOL news page. How horrible. All those families ruined for her ego. It's shocking to me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finding it difficult to come up with words ...
    Desperate times = crazy/insane behaviors? This is indeed scary.
    I think we might be seeing a new sort of desperation in people (increase in lost jobs, foreclosed homes, money gone...
    so is THIS a good reason for stronger gun laws?
    omigod...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm at a lose, words fail me...
    I'm so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg this absolutely shocks and angers me every time i read this,it shows my profession up as being unstable people! omg how terrible, i feel for all of them and you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is horribly shocking - I am sorry it's tainting your area...

    How sad and my thoughts are with those who are suffering great loss... My love to you, too... Look after yourself, darling talented AU! xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. How unspeakably awful! I don't understand people anymore. I really don't.

    Hugs to you,
    xo
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  8. i wonder what people who snap and kill others have in common......they need help! but honestly if they have to kill i wish they'd just kill themselves and leave others out of it.
    i live near the amish community where all those little girls were killed a few years back, and it really affected me, devastated me and so many others. I just can't imagine how LOST somebody could be to turn so evil. so heartbreaking and demoralizing for everyone.
    for every thought of hate replace it with a thought of love.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I will keep them in my prayers. I am so sorry to hear that this hit so close to home for you.
    Hugs, Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Holy Smokes! I'm not moving to your town!
    Seriously, this is horrible. I can't imagine someone doing this. Why do people feel the need to hurt each other when they are angry? I just don't understand.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh dear , it only gets worse.....
    Hope he will fully recover

    ReplyDelete