Friday, October 23, 2009

Hills and Valleys

VolleyGirl's team won their sub-state match last night and are headed to state next Wednesday. The gym was packed with students, friends and faculty. Wow, for a change, we parents didn't have to do bear ALL the cheering! Hoarse today though....I was so excited.....I had a pom-pom to shake last night! This puts them in the top 8 teams in our state for their division.

Sadly, when I picked her up from school yesterday she was upset because one of her close friend's dad died suddenly yesterday of a heart attack and she had found out 7th period. I have been trying to find out arrangements today but I guess it's too early. She is learning how fragile life can be. Also, one of the top players ended up going to the ER by ambulance last night after the game where she stayed until after 4 in the morning. Vomiting, cramping.....they did an xray and ultrasound but diagnosed with a stomach virus. VG is freaking she will get it cause they are partners in warm-ups.

5 comments:

  1. Life.. Victory mixed with Sadness and stress. Congrats on the winning. Sympathy for the loss of her friends Father. And Hope that she stays well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. so hard to learn these things so young, sigh.does apollo go in the car with you??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh gosh, good news and bad. Life is full of emotions and VG is starting to understand. I feel for the girl who lost her father so young. I do hope VG does not get the virus and good luck at the state championships. How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope everyone else stays well. Congrats on the win.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, life can be so fragile, I hope VG doesn't get sick. Don't you wish you could shield them from all of lifes problems (at least for awhile)

    ReplyDelete