Monday, September 14, 2009

In Memory


December 23, 1930 - September 15, 2002
Though it was years ago you left this earth, you are always secure in my heart and memories until my dying day when we will meet again. My heart is heavy, still, and the void is vast, but your words, your actions, your lessons, your love is remembered often. Sometimes it is remembered in hearing yourself in my own words, seeing my hands become as yours, feeling your gestures appear in myself and enjoying your occasional appearance in a dream. I can find comfort more than hurt now when I see the resemblance in your sisters. It has been said that you will grieve as much as you loved. Obviously, I will not live long enough for that much grief. It was such a blessing to have you for a mom. Gone but never far away....

11 comments:

  1. That was a beautiful tribute to your Mom, AU. It was so touching. She sounds like she was a wonderful Mom.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My Mom died in 1994 so I understand very much. A lovely tribute to her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful tribute to your dear mother. Thank you for sharing it with us. I am so very sorry for your loss.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear, this is lovely and I can hear your pain and love

    ReplyDelete
  5. Blessings and hugs.
    This was truly beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. We just lost my FIL on Sept10 and buried him monday the 14th. I can feel your pain. Loss even if they are sick or as old (90)as my FIL doesn't make it any easier. We miss all those that have gone before us no matter when it happens. I wish you peace.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I understand.
    I can't believe that soon mine will be gone 2 years. Every day I remember more and more reasons that I loved her so. And still do.
    I loved reading of you becoming like her,as I hear her words leaving my mouth and I am astonished!
    Beautiful tribute,,

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, So beautiful, You had me almost crying!
    I lost my mother too, she was artist. I guess that's why I try so hard. To make her proud. God bless and I'm sure Mom is watching you still and knows your love for her.
    Thank you for your wonderful comments... How I do it? Not perfectly, I just to the best I can. Obviously, I am working the bumps out!!!
    Again what a beautiful tribute.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh what a beautiful post!
    I dream about my father too and I am thankful to see him in my dreams!
    Wonderful tribute to your Mom!

    Have to read your other posts as well but I will do tomorrow!

    Hope you are ok!

    ReplyDelete
  10. My wish for you is that the love you feel, and the memories of your mother, help you to smile and erase some of that pain you feel for missing her so.

    ReplyDelete