Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Broadening Broad

Late Monday, as I took Apollo for a bathroom break, the sun was headed out for the evening. I loved how the pink and dark blue clouds hung just above the tree line down the end of the cul de sac. It looks like we have a nice snow on the ground from this drawing, but sadly we don't. I may fill it in, eh, uh- probably not, as I will move on to the next drawing. I have been inspired and very humbled by seeing amazing art and hearing about those of you who read books, magazines and take classes, etc., etc. I can't tell you how long it has been since I have done any of those things. You have thrown the match and lit a fire under me (or at least started a smolder!) I am joining my local art league so that I may take a class in the near future and begin a more strenuous effort to improve and widened my abilities. This drawing was created with colored pencils and ink. Thanks to you all for your daily inspiration!!!
Tomorrow Apollo has a special treat (not a dog treat, he's nice, but not crazy) for "Dogs On Thursday" featuring his best buddy!!!


9 comments:

  1. Did you just do this drawing? Very nice. I love the use of colored pencils but they arent easy and I have much to learn yet. I hope you do take more classes and get going on your Art. It will be fun to watch what you do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cris, thank you. I did this drawing Monday and Tuesday evening. I am most comfortable with colored pencils and pencil because that is what I used growing up. I don't get the effect I want sometimes but I think alot of it is the paper, need to try other textures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really peaceful coloured drawing I would not mind it hanging on my wall.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so very nice. Kind of folk artsy. Reminds me a bit of P Buckley Moss. I like the simplicity of it, and don't change the ground. It does look like snow, like you meant it to be snow. Great job!
    And good for you, going to some classes. I hope you have fun.

    ReplyDelete
  5. drawing is fabulous,and just about what i am seeing outside my window....

    ReplyDelete
  6. what fabulous drawings. happy doggie thursday to you apollo and woof woof. (my mama is too busy with the new baby to notice me....)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your trees are just so lovely. I like the "slate" one you did too - obviously a direction you should play more with!
    I love what you shared about your dad - I got my artistic ability thru my dad too. It runs in his side of the family - his uncle I believe was a painter as well. Not by trade, but we have some of his watercolors. I think my dad is much more talented than I am but he didn't pursue it. He's a retired architect.
    You've inspired me: I might share some of dad's stuff on my blog now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a very beautiful drawing. I love the atmosphere which happens with your use of the blue and pink and white, and the dark trees in contrast. It's a quiet feeling, looking at it:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi, I came over here from Raymonty and have been looking at your art. Very nice and this is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete