Monday, March 3, 2008

Wanderings of the Lost...


My font size fluctuates. There, I have said it. Sounds like some type of medical condition...."a fluctuating font". I could not decide which size to stick with but I have decided upon the larger size for the lens challenged.....primarily mine. Speaking of fluctuation, my weight has been doing that as of late too. No need to be alarmed, it is not doing it all by itself, I am aiding and abetting it. Before the holidays, I had taken off almost 20 pounds and doing fine when I ended up in the e.r. with my back. Slid right on into the holidays and did great for awhile. I was doing my own thing, keeping my mouth shut more often, turning down the mental food I use to soothe my soul. However, I did go to weight watchers to weigh in. It was necessary to have my feet held to the fire to hold me accountable. Seems silly to pay to weigh, but that is what I have to do sometimes. Sooooooo, I went back today after a nice period of stockpiling my fat cells for the depriving I would have to go into. Yes, I know they say you don't have to be deprived, but I have to. You see, I am an addict. One taste of something really, really tasty and I could fall off the wagon! I am miserable when I am off the wagon because no matter how much I feed the beast, it still wants more! Plus, I do hate the way I feel in my clothes and there is always something I want to wear but refuse myself until I am smaller. May sound strange in logic but it's my logic, doesn't that explain it?

My painting is almost finished. It may be difficult to tell, it is quite dark on the far back treeline and in the bottom right. Thinking I will add one other tree in the far back, next to the road and on the grass some more. I must move on to finish the ideas for the laundry and see where that takes me......
I am presently leaning towards the total knee replacement surgery in the early part of the summer. There is a dance recital that I will be emceeing in late May and sometime soon after that would be the time. Perhaps we could plan a vacation after VolleyGirl gets out of school. The rundown on the timeline on the whole experience is: 3-5 days in the hospital, either go into a rehab or home, 3 weeks or so with a rolling walker, (yeah! if that doesn't register high on the ol' lady-meter, what does?) 4-6 weeks of physical therapy and generally almost a year to fully be recovered. Only a big change from weightloss would change my mind at this point. SuperSpouse is not really wild about the idea, but he hasn't been walking on my knees lately so..........it does affect me greatly the inconvenience that would be created on everyone, but my hope is that after the recovery I could do more and be in a much better mood as I do! Time out: My fire has been lit, literally, I am grilling and the fire is now ready. Greatly appreciate the comments that have been left...keep it coming! On to a new fire....
Pre

No comments:

Post a Comment