Friday, October 28, 2011

Opportunity Knocked!

5x7 color pencil on bristol board

Yeah, the irony is not lost on me that my last post was a rant on the irritating overlapping/forgotten holidays and what do I post next? Frosty's hat and scarf. Yes, I started drawing Christmas themes several weeks ago knowing I would be in the street festival. Had been looking and thinking of venues to display all these in time for the holidays but no opportunities were certain. Week before last a friend from years back invited me to an open house type event she was hosting at her house. This week she sent a message inviting me to share my Christmas items and take orders... just what I needed! She is in a position to have a nice crowd of people come through plus it is an all day and evening type of event. I am welcome to stay as long as I want or leave it there. I've decided to set up as early as possible, stay through what she would expect to be her busiest part of the day and come back later for the busiest part of the evening. Yay! I also have two snowmen orders. I am behind on reading everyone's site, had a birthday to attend, gift to buy, went with daughter to Ulta and DSW today, tomorrow the hubs and I are off for that weekend that was cancelled when I was sick. Hope to get around to everyone early in the morning while I am (sigh) trying to finish some wash before leaving. Hope all is well!

5 comments:

  1. I really think you need to be a little busier.. you just slack off so much.. LOL
    Goodness you make me tired reading this.. Hope the open house works out well for you and you sell and/or get lots of commission work. Have fun on that weekend away and stay well this time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely drawing. Most impressive - as is your work load.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lovely new piece and congrats on the great opportunity!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so grateful you took the time to stop by today being as busy as you are! Much thanks!

    Your drawing is amazing. I cannot get my colored pencils to do that. Nice details...almost photo like.

    Best of luck with your opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are one busy lady - just enjoy!

    ReplyDelete