Saturday, May 8, 2010

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY

Love your mom if she is still here on earth, love your children if you are a mom, hold on to your memories, if your mom has passed, be thankful, if you survived a not-so-good mom but remember, at least she had you...........

My mom always had red geraniums in the two concrete pots always on the front porch of our house in the summer. I always plant geraniums in the two concrete pots at the front door. My niece and I comment how we can't bring ourselves to have anything but red geraniums because of mom, haha, almost to the point of bad luck if we didn't! But I wanted the salmon pink ones really bad, almost had myself convinced that mom didn't have the red because it was her favorite, it was what was available. There were a couple of colors there, not many, but there were goopoodles (this means "a large amount" in the south) of red geraniums in all different sizes of pots. However, I couldn't do it. HAD to get red. Found this concrete pot, filled it with the red and put it beside this stone marker my best friend gave me after mom died. It's my little tribute to her.

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY to all my mothering blogger friends and visitors!

5 comments:

  1. we have my husbands grandmothers old pots out back and I can't fill them with anything but what she used to have in them. Sentimental? probably.

    Happy Mom's day to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Mother's Day to you too AU. I know your day will be great with all your chicks under one roof.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 'be thankful, if you survived a not-so-good mom but remember, at least she had you' i like this a lot. happy mom's day and happy apollo day as every day must be apollo day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet post and lovely memories. I like keeping with traditions. I think they keep our memories intact. Happy Mother's Day to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you! Hope you had a good Mother's Day too!

    ReplyDelete